Research Papers On Cloud Computing 2014 Toyota
The Sixth International Conference on Cloud Computing, GRIDs, and Virtualization
CLOUD COMPUTING 2015
March 22 - 27, 2015 - Nice, France
All tracks/topics are open to both research and industry contributions.
CLOUD: Cloud computing
Cloud economics; Core cloud services; Cloud technologies; Cloud computing; On-demand computing models; Hardware-as-a-service; Software-as-a-service [SaaS applications]; Platform-as-service; Storage as a service in cloud; Data-as-a-Service; Service-oriented architecture (SOA); Cloud computing programming and application development; Scalability, discovery of services and data in Cloud computing infrastructures; Trust and clouds; Client-cloud computing challenges; Geographical constraints for deploying clouds
CLOUD: Challenging features
Privacy, security, ownership and reliability issues; Performance and QoS; Dynamic resource provisioning; Power-efficiency and Cloud computing; Load balancing; Application streaming; Cloud SLAs, business models and pricing policies; Cloud service subscription model; Cloud standardized SLA; Cloud-related privacy; Cloud-related control; Managing applications in the clouds; Mobile clouds; Roaming services in Clouds; Agent-based Cloud Computing; Cloud brokering; Cloud contracts (machine readable); Cloud security
CLOUD: Platforms, Infrastructures and Applications
Custom platforms; Large-scale compute infrastructures; Data centers; Processes intra- and inter-clouds; Content and service distribution in Cloud computing infrastructures; Multiple applications can run on one computer (virtualization a la VMWare); Grid computing (multiple computers can be used to run one application); Cloud-computing vendor governance and regulatory compliance; Enterprise clouds; Enterprise-centric cloud computing; Interaction between vertical clouds; Public, Private, and Hybrid clouds; Cloud computing testbeds
GRID: Grid networks, services and applications
GRID theory, frameworks, methodologies, architecture, ontology; GRID infrastructure and technologies; GRID middleware; GRID protocols and networking; GRID computing, utility computing, autonomic computing, metacomputing; Programmable GRID; Data GRID; Context ontology and management in GRIDs; Distributed decisions in GRID networks; GRID services and applications; Virtualization, modeling, and metadata in GRID; Resource management, scheduling, and scalability in GRID; GRID monitoring, control, and management; Traffic and load balancing in GRID; User profiles and priorities in GRID; Performance and security in GRID systems; Fault tolerance, resilience, survivability, robustness in GRID; QoS/SLA in GRID networks; GRID fora, standards, development, evolution; GRID case studies, validation testbeds, prototypes, and lessons learned
VIRTUALIZATION: Computing in virtualization-based environments
Principles of virtualization; Virtualization platforms; Thick and thin clients; Data centers and nano-centers; Open virtualization format; Orchestration of virtualization across data centers; Dynamic federation of compute capacity; Dynamic geo-balancing; Instant workload migration; Virtualization-aware storage; Virtualization-aware networking; Virtualization embedded-software-based smart mobile phones; Trusted platforms and embedded supervisors for security; Virtualization management operations /discovery, configuration, provisioning, performance, etc.; Energy optimization and saving for green datacenters; Virtualization supporting cloud computing; Applications as pre-packaged virtual machines; Licensing and support policies
1. Mell P, Grance T. The NIST definition of cloud computing. Commun ACM. 2010;53(6):50.
2. Brown A, Weihl B. Official Google Blog. 2011. Jun 24, [2011-08-05]. webcite An Update on Google Health and Google PowerMeter http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/update-on-google-health-and-google.html.
3. Armbrust M, Fox A, Griffith R, Joseph AD, Katz R, Konwinski A, Lee G, Patterson D, Rabkin A, Stoica I, Zaharia M. A view of cloud computing. Commun ACM. 2010;53(4):50–58. doi: 10.1145/1721654.1721672.[Cross Ref]
4. Technology firms and health care: heads in the cloud: digitising America's health records could be a huge business Will it? The Economist (US) 2011;399(8727):63.
5. Li ZJ, Chen C, Wang K. Cloud computing for agent-based urban transportation systems. IEEE Intell Syst. 2011;26(1):73–79.
6. Behrend TS, Wiebe EN, London JE, Johnson EC. Cloud computing adoption and usage in community colleges. Behav Inf Technol. 2011;30(2):231–240. doi: 10.1080/0144929X.2010.489118.[Cross Ref]
7. DarkGovernment. 2009. Jul 23, [2011-07-11]. webcite NSA Embraces Cloud Computing http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/nsa-embraces-cloud-computing.
8. Chatman C. How cloud computing is changing the face of health care information technology. J Health Care Compliance. 2010 Jun;12(3):37–70.
9. Dudley JT, Pouliot Y, Chen R, Morgan AA, Butte AJ. Translational bioinformatics in the cloud: an affordable alternative. Genome Med. 2010;2(8):51. doi: 10.1186/gm172.http://www.genomemedicine.com/content/2/8/51.gm172 [PMC free article][PubMed][Cross Ref]
10. Schweitzer EJ. Reconciliation of the cloud computing model with US federal electronic health record regulations. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2011 Jul 4; doi: 10.1136/amiajnl-2011-000162.amiajnl-2011-000162 [PMC free article][PubMed][Cross Ref]
11. Haughton J. Year of the underdog: Cloud-based EHRs. Health Manag Technol. 2011;32(1):9.
12. Kabachinski J. What's the forecast for cloud computing in healthcare? Biomed Instrum Technol. 2011;45(2):146–50. doi: 10.2345/0899-8205-45.2.146.[PubMed][Cross Ref]
13. Rosenthal A, Mork P, Li MH, Stanford J, Koester D, Reynolds P. Cloud computing: a new business paradigm for biomedical information sharing. J Biomed Inform. 2010 Apr;43(2):342–53. doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2009.08.014.S1532-0464(09)00115-4 [PubMed][Cross Ref]
14. Anderson NR, Lee ES, Brockenbrough JS, Minie ME, Fuller S, Brinkley J, Tarczy-Hornoch P. Issues in biomedical research data management and analysis: needs and barriers. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007;14(4):478–88. doi: 10.1197/jamia.M2114.http://jamia.bmj.com/cgi/pmidlookup?view=long&pmid=17460139.M2114 [PMC free article][PubMed][Cross Ref]
15. Dudley JT, Butte AJ. In silico research in the era of cloud computing. Nat Biotechnol. 2010 Nov;28(11):1181–5. doi: 10.1038/nbt1110-1181.nbt1110-1181 [PMC free article][PubMed][Cross Ref]
16. Wall DP, Kudtarkar P, Fusaro VA, Pivovarov R, Patil P, Tonellato PJ. Cloud computing for comparative genomics. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:259. doi: 10.1186/1471-2105-11-259.http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/11/259.1471-2105-11-259 [PMC free article][PubMed][Cross Ref]
17. Schatz MC, Langmead B, Salzberg SL. Cloud computing and the DNA data race. Nat Biotechnol. 2010 Jul;28(7):691–3. doi: 10.1038/nbt0710-691.nbt0710-691 [PMC free article][PubMed][Cross Ref]
18. Avila-Garcia MS, Trefethen AE, Brady M, Gleeson F, Goodman D. Lowering the barriers to cancer imaging. eScience 2008: IEEE 4th International Conference on eScience; The 4th IEEE International Conference on eScience; December 8-12, 2008; Indiana, USA. New York, NY: IEEE; 2008. [Cross Ref]
19. Bateman A, Wood M. Cloud computing. Bioinformatics. 2009 Jun 15;25(12):1475. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btp274.http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/pmidlookup?view=long&pmid=19435745.btp274 [PubMed][Cross Ref]
20. Kudtarkar P, Deluca TF, Fusaro VA, Tonellato PJ, Wall DP. Cost-effective cloud computing: a case study using the comparative genomics tool, roundup. Evol Bioinform Online. 2010;6:197–203. doi: 10.4137/EBO.S6259.http://www.la-press.com/article.php?article_id=2422. [PMC free article][PubMed][Cross Ref]
21. Memon FN, Owen AM, Sanchez-Graillet O, Upton GJ, Harrison AP. Identifying the impact of G-quadruplexes on Affymetrix 3' arrays using cloud computing. J Integr Bioinform. 2010;7(2):111. doi: 10.2390/biecoll-jib-2010-111.421 [PubMed][Cross Ref]
22. Vaquero LM, Rodero-Merino L, Caceres J, Lindner M. A break in the clouds: towards a cloud definition. ACM SIGCOMM Comput Commun Rev. 2008 Jan;39(1):50–55. doi: 10.1145/1496091.1496100.[Cross Ref]
23. Iyer B, Henderson JC. Preparing for the future: understanding the seven capabilities of cloud computing. MIS Q Exec. 2010;9(2):117–131.
24. Vouk MA. Cloud computing: issues, research and implementations. J Comput Inf Technol. 2008;16(4):235–246. doi: 10.2498/cit.1001391.[Cross Ref]
25. Han Y. On the clouds: a new way of computing. Inf Technol Libr 2010 June; 87-92. 2010 Jun 1;29(2)
26. Cervone HF. An overview of virtual and cloud computing. OCLC Syst Serv. 2010;26(3):162–165. doi: 10.1108/10650751011073607.[Cross Ref]
27. IBM and Juniper Networks Solutions Brief IBM Global Services. 2009. [2011-07-25]. webcite IBM and Juniper Networks: Delivering Solutions That Transform Your Networking Infrastructure ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/common/ssi/ecm/en/jns03002usen/JNS03002USEN.PDF.
28. Sittig DF, Singh H. Eight rights of safe electronic health record use. JAMA. 2009 Sep 9;302(10):1111–3. doi: 10.1001/jama.2009.1311.302/10/1111 [PubMed][Cross Ref]
29. Wang X, Tan Y. Application of cloud computing in the health information system. Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Computer Application and System Modeling (ICCASM); International Conference on Computer Application and System Modeling; October 22-24, 2010; Taiyuan, China. New York, NY: IEEE; 2010. [Cross Ref]
30. He C, Jin X, Zhao Z, Xiang T. A cloud computing solution for hospital information system. Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems (ICIS); IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems (ICIS 2010); October 29-31, 2010; Xiamen, China. New York, NY: IEEE; 2010. [Cross Ref]
31. Botts N, Thoms B, Noamani A, Horan TA. Cloud computing architectures for the underserved: public health cyberinfrastructures through a network of healthATMs. Proceedings of the 2010 43rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS); The 43rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences; January 5-8 , 2010; Hawaii, USA. New York, NY: IEEE; 2010. [Cross Ref]
32. Yang CT, Chen LT, Chou WL, Wang KC. Implementation of a medical image file accessing system on cloud computing. Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE 13th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE); The 13th IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering; December 11-13, 2010; Hong Kong, China. New York, NY: IEEE; 2010. [Cross Ref]
33. Hoang DB, Chen L. Mobile cloud for assistive healthcare (MoCAsH). Proceedings of the; the IEEE Asia-Pacific Services Computing Conference; December 6-10 , 2010; Hangzhou, China. Asia-Pacific: :; 2010. [Cross Ref]
34. Guo L, Chen F, Chen L, Tang X. The building of cloud computing environment for e-health. Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on E-Health Networking, Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (EDT); The IEEE International Conference on E-Health Networking; July 1-3, 2010; Lyon, France. New York, NY: IEEE; 2010. [Cross Ref]
35. Alagoz F, Valdez AC, Wilkowska W, Ziefle M, Dorner S, Holzinger A. From cloud computing to mobile Internet, from user focus to culture and hedonism: the crucible of mobile health care and wellness applications. Proceedings of the 2010 5th International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Applications (ICPCA); The 5th International Conference on pervasive Computing and Applications (ICPCA); December 1-3, 2010; Maribor, Slovenia. New York, NY: IEEE; 2010. [Cross Ref]
36. Rolim CO, Koch FL, Westphall CB, Werner J, Fracalossi A, Salvador GS. A cloud computing solution for patient's data collection in health care institutions. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on eHealth, Telemedicine, and Social Medicine; February 10-16, 2010; New York, NY: IEEE. 2010. Feb 10, [Cross Ref]
37. Nkosi MT, Mekuria F. Cloud computing for enhanced mobile health applications. Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom); The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science; Nov 30- Dec 3, 2010; Indianapolis, USA. New York, NY: IEEE; 2010. [Cross Ref]
38. Rao GSVRK. Sundararaman K, Parthasarathi J. Dhatri: a pervasive cloud initiative for primary healthcare services. Proceedings of the 2010 14th International Conference on Intelligence in Next Generation Networks (ICIN); The 14th IEEE International Conference on Intelligence in Next Generation Networks (ICIN); October 11-14, 2010; Berlin, Germany. New York, NY: IEEE; 2010. [Cross Ref]