A2 Electronics Coursework Examples
To gain access to revision questions, please sign up and log in.
These pages give examples of the type of work you need to do for each section of your project and report.
The examples come from many different projects. They can not be combined to make an AS Report!
The codes like Aa, Bd, Cb are used for marking your work. These are each worth 2 marks if you complete them properly and don't leave out important work.
Section A is for planning, design and most importantly - write a good specification including planned tests.
Section B is for building subsystems, testing the inputs and outputs and explaining how the subsystems work.
Section C is for testing the complete circuit and most importantly - complete the planned tests from your specification.
Section D - Make sure you have a good Bibliography. Otherwise no more writing is needed but marks are given for ...
- Good Photos.
- Clear Diagrams.
- A Fully Labelled Circuit Diagram.
- Good Spelling.
- Good Punctuation.
- Good Grammar.
- Well Organised Report.
- Good use of Technical Language.
Projects must solve a problem. Projects must contain at least three active devices.
Some Recent AS Project Titles
Not all the projects above have obvious or sensible practical investigations.
Here are some fairly straightforward practical investigations that might be useful in some of the projects ...
- How loud does the sound need to be?
- What is the output voltage of the Electret microphone for normal speech?
- What is the best buzzer audio frequency to use?
- What is the resistance of the LDR at XXXX Lux?
- What value is XXXX Lux?
- What is the resistance of the Thermistor at XXXX degrees?
- How long does it take to boil an egg?
More Project Ideas
Measure Temperature And ...
- Generate a warning for ...
- garden frost
- fridge too warm
- freezer is too warm
- fish tank temperature outside a safe range
- vivarium is too warm / cool
- Control ...
- a computer cooling fan
- a greenhouse heater
- a conservatory heater
- a hedgehog hibernation box temperature
- Many more similar examples
Measure The Light Level And ...
- Warn a driver. The headlights should be on.
- Turn on lights when it gets dark such as ...
- Car headlights
- Street lights
- Porch light
- Tropical fish tank
- Generate a warning when the light beam is broken for ...
- earthquake detection
- tilt or acceleration measurement
- intruder detection
Build a Timer To ...
- Sound an alarm for a fixed short time
- Time eggs
- Time up to XXXX Seconds
- Control a marine buoy flasher
- Dispense food for animals
- Automatically water plants
- Time intermittent wind screen wipers
- Keep musicians to the correct tempo
- Make a frequency to voltage converter for use as ...
- a rev counter
- a speedometer
Build an Astable ...
- to produce an audible tone for a ...
- Door Bell
- Various Warning Sounds
- to produce metronome pulses
- to generate more complex musical rhythms
- Build an astable and count the pulses to ...
- make electronic dice
- create random numbers for playing board games
- make a timer up to 9 or 99 seconds
- make a timer up to 9 or 99 minutes
- make a general purpose logic controller
- count model racing car laps
- keep score for a cricket match
- Build an astable and use it ...
- to time a traffic lights controller
- to time a pelican crossing
- to deter animals from entering a garden
- to replace the mechanical flasher unit in older cars
- to vary the delay on windscreen wipers
- to help a musician tune a guitar
- to make a bat deterrent - vibrates when it's dark (check to see if this is legal)
- to make bike indicator lights, perhaps with an audible warning
Build a Sound Sensor And ...
- measure how loud the sound is
- reduce amplifier gain if the output is too high
- create an intercom
- create a baby alarm
- modify the sound
- bass / treble / volume
- wah wah and similar sound effects
Use Switches And Logic to ...
- Trigger a bicycle alarm
- Trigger a pram alarm
- Light a passenger seatbelt warning
- Sound an alarm when someone attempts to break into a vehicle / tamper with a bicycle / pram
- Remind the driver that the headlights have been left switched on
- Remind the driver that he/she or a passenger is not wearing a seat belt
- Alert a person who is hard of hearing that there is someone is at the front door
- Determine which contestant in a quiz pressed first
- Sense motion and sound an alarm
- Sound an audible warning when a door is opened
- Detect a fish bite
- Detect bath water level and sound an alarm
- Detect rain and turn on the wind screen wipers
- Pump out a boat's bilge water
Measure resistance To ...
- Estimate soil water content and control irrigation
- Get position information from a potentiometer
Measure Time To ...
- Discover human reaction times
- Find capacitance in an RC circuit
- Find inductance in an RL circuit
Measure Voltage To ...
- find the pH of a solution
- determine the state of charge of a battery
Build Amplifier Circuit/s ...
- to amplify the output from a portable iPod/CD/MP3/minidisk etc. player to operate a loudspeaker
- to control the level of bass and/or treble in an audio signal
- to remove vocals from suitable audio tracks
- and display the output level
- and produce an overload warning
- to produce a loud warning sound
- for a guitar practice amp
- to produce reverberation, fuzz, wah wah, frequency division, envelope control, ring modulation and other sound effects
- to combine together audio signals (mixer desk)
- to make a sound activated switch
- to flash lights in time to music
Other Ideas - Hard to Classify
- Bus roll alarm - reduce passenger puke
- Control a stepper motor used to
- dispense pet food
- Beam audio along a light or LASER beam
- Computer to computer communication using
- Fibre optics
reviseOmatic V3 Contacts, ©, Cookies, Data Protection and DisclaimersHosted at linode.com, London
Немец схватил ее и нетерпеливо стянул с нее рубашку. Его толстые пальцы принялись методично, сантиметр за сантиметром, ощупывать ее тело. Росио упала на него сверху и начала стонать извиваться в поддельном экстазе.